Monday, July 9, 2007

Cutting the apron strings post #2

This week we went exploring in North Carolina. We visited some friends, we went to the NC Zoo in Asheboro, we went to Franklin Street in Chapel Hill (now that's some sacred ground) and we stopped by Lexington and ate BBQ.

Brooklyn and I spent five days together and we had a great time. When we were praying together on Friday night she said, "Thank you God for giving us time together to laugh and cut-up." That was so sweet.

When we got home on Saturday she called her dad to see if she could go to his house because she was missing him. Even though it was "my" weekend I let her go. But only after her room was cleaned and inspected by her step-father. Now, I wouldn't keep her from going to see her dad. But she has responsibilities. It took her 1.5 hours to clean her room (it was pretty bad and she didn't get her allowance last week because it was dirty). I could have helped her, but I read blogs all the time about people who their spouse is away and they can't even load the dishwasher. I want to help my child become self-sufficient.

How is God cutting the apron strings with you? He always wants us close and we can go to him anytime (David messed up bad and was still the apple of God's eye) but where is he stretching you? Where is God having you grow in Him?

I'm not finished with this subject. More tomorrow!

No comments: