Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Scripture for Today

Kim McCarthy gave me a wonderful devotion book for Mother's Day.

Today I read the following statement that really spoke to me. God, help me to ask with a faith that expects to proclaim, "Look what God did for me." It was based on the scripture: 6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Do we ask big enough? Do we ask every time? Are we expecting to be thankful for answered prayer? Are we anxious - or do we expect?

I hope I can answer that I did ask big enough and that I did ask every time (instead of just worrying about it) and I hope that since I can't send God a thank you note in the mail that I can instead share the hope He give me with my friends by being thankful and telling them about answered prayer.

Today I'm going to expect my heart and mind to be guarded and have peace in all situations. I may not get my prayer answered in the way I would like but I'm going to expect that God will guard my heart and mind.

No comments: