Friday, October 5, 2007

Good news part 2

I won't pretend to ever think that we are past sin. We were created in God's image, but then Eve partook of the fruit (I would like to get her take on this now and can't wait to talk to her in Heaven). Obviously we are not sinless. We are creatures that have choice in a world full of sin. So how do we, claiming to be Christian, make the right choices and eliminate sin?

Romans 5:9 Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him.

And how does grace play into this whole scenario? I guess I'm baffled at times that we serve such a loving heavenly Father and we continue to sin. One who gave His blood for my sin. I'm guilty. I sin. We all sin. We have an assurance of being saved from eternal wrath and have the hope of an eternity with Him in Heaven because of His sacrifice.

How do we serve an intangible God in a world filled with instant gratification and more importantly how do we lead others toward that life of accepting Christ and moving toward a growing relationship with Him? And how do we do this while remaining sinners.

Isn't that why the hypocrite statements abound? Many wear a tag that says I'm a Christian, I attend Down the Road Church, My stuff doesn't stink. Then we are seen by the unchurched as lowly sinners and how dare we invite them to church after what we have done. How do we lead others into a relationship when they see our sin?

I think the answer is complex. Sin will always be around as long as we live on Earth. We should go boldly before the throne to find mercy & grace. It's all about a relationship. We know we are sinners and need grace. He's our loving Heavenly Father and will give it when we ask. He was tempted, yet in His perfection He did not sin.

15 For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are,yet without sin. 16 Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

Father, today I come to You as a child with sin. Please take away the sin. Cast it into the sea of forgetfulness. Let Your grace and mercy wash over me. Allow me the opportunity to grow in relationship with You. And let me have opportunities to lead others into a growing relationship with You. Let them not see my flaws, but rather the hope that is found in relationship with You.

No comments: