Sunday, April 6, 2008

Carmel's for Brunch

We had brunch at Carmel's this morning. It was the best brunch I have had since we were in New Orleans six years ago and had brunch at Brennan's. I had tried out a new church downtown (The Underground Church that meets at the Y) and since I was done at 11:15 Mike thought brunch downtown was our best meal option and met me there. After looking at a few menus we chose Carmel's.

Mike ordered the Salmon Benny and I had Shrimp & Grits. The total was $30 with coffee and diet coke.

Honestly his meal was better than mine, but I did enjoy mine. His eggs were perfectly poached and the salmon was perfectly cooked. He also ordered a side of gravy to dip his potatoes in. I was disappointed that they don't give you a small bread basket, but they had several options reasonably priced on the menu.

I thought it was the best shrimp & grits I've eaten in Asheville. The last thing that surprised me is I don't like coffee, but theirs was very good. Mike ordered it and I tried a sip. I will order it when we go back in a few weeks after church.

No comments: