Wednesday, April 2, 2008

This Sunday

I was perusing Mountain Express last week and ran across a blurb for a new church in Asheville. I was interested and emailed the pastor. We've had a pleasant conversation this week with him explaining their congregation and how their church works.

Then tonight I picked up a Mountain Express on my way out of Wild Wings. (Normally I wouldn't admit this but Mike kicked my butt at trivia tonight. In fact he got over 13,000 points and is #1 on the board at Wild Wings. I won't even say what my score was...it was horrible.)

In the Mountain Express there was a full page ad from the church we have been looking at and let me say I think I'm going Sunday to check it out. I think they are honestly interested in reaching people that aren't being reached. I think they are doing it in a very positive and open way - with an apology.

I'll post my review of the church on Monday.

1 comment:

Kimberlymac said...

You Go Mike!! I don't know many people who are more intelligent than Tina!!
You know that church you are talking about, I think it is the old New Song Church. The pastor Tom and his wife Linda left to go Nicaragua as full time missionaries and I believe the pastor of underground merged his church with New Song. They meet at the YMCA in Asheville. Bob and I went to New Song after we left CCUMC for a year before we went to Fla. I have a friend who goes to Underground and she likes it. Let me know what you think about it!