Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Brothers

For the past five summers Brooklyn has attended camp at Covenant. With my job being cut to 1/2 time and me basically being laid off from Covenant it would have been too awkward for her to attend camp there. I just didn't feel it was best for our family. So Brooklyn has some wonderful opportunities to branch out this summer. She's attending Art Camp, Pottery Camp, Day Camp at her school and she's having some Friends & Family weeks.

One of the things I really wanted for her this summer was for Jan to teach her some basic sewing skills (something I wish I knew more about) and for her to spend time with the Kwiatkowski boys. I want her to know she can have relationships with boys that aren't romantic. I want her to have guy friends. What better way to learn about that than in a friendly environment with another mom I trust.

Brooklyn doesn't have brothers. I never had brothers. I always thought all my relationships with guys had to be romantic. I don't want Brooklyn to grow up with that mindset.

So Jan, thanks for teaching Brooklyn how to sew and thanks for letting her have some "brothers" for the summer.

No comments: