Wednesday, August 20, 2008

39

While we were on vacation I turned 39. Next year I'll be the big 4-0. I didn't look forward to turning 29. I went on a trip to Minneapolis with a bunch of girls to the Mall of America. We had a blast, but the new mom thing, turning 29, mini van stage had just begun.

Now 10 years later. I have a child in middle school, I've divorced, remarried, I've had six jobs (yikes), I've built a house, I no longer have a land line phone, I've lost and regained 50 lbs., I've completed my bachelor's degree, I've made many new friends, I've lost a few friends, I had a couple of friends that have died. We no longer listen to cassettes, but now have passed CD's and are listening to MP3's and watching MP4's. I've grown in my relationship with Christ, I've lead several children into a relationship with Christ and I've learned that church isn't everything but God is. Wow, a lot of growing and revelations.

I'm looking forward to the next 10 years (wow, Brooklyn will have finished high school and will be in college). How will technology have changed? What will our energy resources be? Will Christ have returned?

No comments: