Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Brooklyn's first day of Middle School

Today was Brooklyn's first day of Middle School. Imagine taking your child to a school that has max 18 kids in their class for Middle School where they have the same teacher they had last year. Our family is so blessed to have this opportunity.

She still has an opportunity to do sports, arts, extra curricular activities but in a smaller environment. The teacher asked me this morning how Brooklyn would be getting home. What sixth grade teacher cares? That is usually up to the child to know.

Her teachers cheered when she entered the room this morning and we all shared about what we did over the summer. They cared about us and we cared about what they did. I'm envious that her teachers went to Alaska, New York and San Fransisco over the summer and can't wait for them to teach Brooklyn from their experiences.

I was dreading Middle School, but honestly... I'm excited. My little girl is growing up!

No comments: