Monday, August 11, 2008

Delta Riverboat Cruise




(mike's knee so close to Popeye's mouth)
On Sunday of our vacation we got up and went for a Delta Riverboat Cruise on an air boat. We saw coot (river chickens), bulrush (Moses), alligators, baby alligators, and learned a lot about the Delta. It was very educational and fun.
20% of the water in the US passes though the Delta for filtration. The grasses harbor all kinds of creatures and are imperative for our food, water and life cycle.
I asked our guide if we would see a Swamp Ape. Now Swamp Apes are the southern version of Big Foot. I had never heard about it until a few weeks ago the Learning Channel did a special on Bigfoot and featured the Swamp Ape. Our guide thought I was crazy. It was so funny. He asked me if it was close to what a henweighs? I didn't get that so Mike explained to me (what a hen weighs).
Anyways, fun times in the Delta.

No comments: