Saturday, June 23, 2007

Evan Almighty

I'll admit I did have many apprehensions about this movie. After all, Brooklyn's nursery was Noah's Ark and I had a whole house of Noah's Ark stuff. I had read the book, the story books, the Bible, the other book, the children's book. I know the story.

But the secular world took our story, a Biblical story and did what we sometimes do on Sunday morning. They took a theme and twisted it to get an environmental, feel-good point across. Many churches do that on Sunday morning. Sometimes our object is emotion, sometimes it is look at the world, but we take a secular theme and usually twist the logo and use it to get our point across.

There were so many themes in this movie. I don't want to spoil it for those of you who haven't seen it, but it covered the environment, time spent with family, power, husband/wife issues, God, God's sense of humor, regret, world changing, kindness and humility all in one movie. It was very touching.

This movie is getting some poor reviews. I wonder if people don't like to think about their humanity or their issues? I pray that God continues to use this movie to make people think.

No comments: