Friday, August 31, 2007

Kicking off Labor Day Weekend



Tonight our family is heading over to the New Enka High stadium (new to me) to watch Enka pound (one can be hopeful) East Henderson.

Brooklyn will eventually attend Enka unless we move or something so I thought it would be good to introduce her to football. My daddy taught me the game on TV watching the Dallas Cowboys. So when I was in marching band I understood the game and what was going on. My best friend, Michelle, was clueless. She didn't understand downs, penalties, or even kickoffs. So I decided that I want Brooklyn to have the opportunity to learn about the sport before she is in high school and attending games without me. I think for her it will probably be an opportunity to learn more about socializing!

I hope everyone reading this has a fun, safe & happy Labor Day. Make some family memories this weekend.

1 comment:

Stephanie Harris said...

Great Idea..
I think it's a great idea to get Brooklyn involved in the Enka Football tradition early, However if she is like the rest of us the football team is just the opener and closer to the real entertainment.....THE BAND!!!!