Thursday, May 29, 2008

Middle School

This morning I stopped by Brooklyn's school (she was with her daddy last night) to get her books, notebooks, etc. so she wouldn't have so much to carry this afternoon. Today was her last day of school. I hugged her goodbye. Then I realized it was the last hug I would receive from my Elementary child. When I saw her again tonight she would be a middle schooler.

Today in school they made a circle and each person took a turn in the middle while receiving "shout outs" meaning they were bragged on for something they had done during the year. They also had a moving up ceremony with just her class. She really enjoyed it.

They also have been working on final words also. Basically this is each person writing a sentence or two (or more) about each person. This is something we will treasure in our house and it will go in a special place.

I'm so glad they don't do Awards Day at her school. There were always 2-3 children that received the bulk of the awards. Yes, it is nice to be honored, but I loved the way they did it at her school today. All participated, all were accepted and all were revered.

No comments: