Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Mammogram

Last Thursday I had my first mammogram. I had hoped to put that off for another year. Actually I didn't think it was bad at all. It really wasn't that uncomfortable and it didn't take that long either.

I went in there and the technician told me she would do the mammogram and I would wait while the doctor read it and then I would have an ultrasound if it was needed. Well, I waited longer to get it done so the ultrasound could be done at the same time and by golly I wasn't going to leave without the ultrasound.

So she did the mammogram and took me out to a waiting area. About 10 minutes later she told me the Radiologist would like to see me. So, I went back and there was Dr. Weist. Dr. Weist is a great Radiologist so I was thrilled she had read my mammogram. She told me she thought I might have Paget's Disease and that I should have a punch biopsy and bilateral breast MRI. I didn't get the ultrasound.

I'll post about the biopsy tomorrow.

No comments: