Friday, September 26, 2008

Ex Sister In Laws

On Tuesday Mike called Chapel Hill to see what the status was of his appointment. They told him it would probably be November before he could be screened.

I called my ex-sister-in-law. She is the transplant coordinator for this area for Carolinas Medical Center. We hadn't talked in awhile but we used to be really close. In fact, a few times we laid out of work together and went to see a newly released movie. We had girls night out while our husbands were hunting. And while we didn't see eye to eye everything we did have a good time together.

I told her that I didn't just want to call and say "Hey Mis, I need a liver. Got one handy?" She, of course, can't guarantee he will get one, but she did help us with the process of getting the paperwork to the right hands.

She had surgery yesterday and is out on leave. We promised to have lunch when she is mobile. We definitely need to do that. Her kids are growing up so fast (a senior and one is out of school) and with Brooklyn in Middle School - man we are getting old.

I'm glad for one nugget of treasure in this journey. The re-acquainting with my ex-sister-in-law.

No comments: