Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Spanky's on Franklin Street in Chapel Hill

We had a delicious lunch on Franklin Street in Chapel Hill although I kept hearing Silent Sam shoot his gun.

Spanky's specials of the day were pretty fru-fru, but Mike thought it was a place I would enjoy so we decided to dine there. Honestly, the fried pickle appetizer was disappointing and I was nervous about our food.

Mike & I ordered burgers since the meat is delivered fresh daily from a local farm and is hormone free & grass fed. Brooklyn had a penne pasta with chicken in a rosemary Marsala cream sauce. We all ate most of our food although Mike & I could not finish our med rare & medium burgers.

They had peach cobbler for dessert, but we couldn't even think about it as we were stuffed.

A great meal!

No comments: