Friday, January 11, 2008

FRIDAY AFTERNOON MIND DUMP

Wow, tonight I get to find out how sharks (and fish for that matter) sleep or do they? I'm excited that the 5th & 6th graders are going over to Gatlinburg to have a good time bonding and hanging out.

Pray for us (me) as we embark on this adventure.

  1. That I don't snore too loud.
  2. That the kids behave.
  3. That they have a good time.
  4. That in some way they are drawn into a closer relationship with Jesus.

I could have gone scrapbooking today. I should have gone. But the house is cleaner and Mike will be happier. Next month is a two day crop. I'm excited. It will be a blast!

I love the smell of oranges in the house. In my house it means I've been cleaning. Don't you love to get into bed with fresh, clean sheets. That is one of my little things I have to do before we leave on a trip. I must change the sheets so that when we get back home we come home to clean sheets. I change them at other times too, but that is a given that we have to change the sheets even if the flight is at 6:00 am.

Did you know that even after Saul died and David was made King he still didn't reign in peace? He had to fight the Philistines (1 Chronicles 14) and then he had to deal with a wife that was ashamed of his worship of God, and in 1 Chronicles 18 it lists all the others he had to fight. Peace. Are we ever truly guarnteed peace? I know that David, who had a heart after God's own heart, had a hard time obtaining peace. I think sometimes we have to find peace even during the termoil. When it feels the whole world is churning. That still small voice. He says, "Be still and know that I am God." How can we know that or even believe that without the termoil? What a mighty God we serve.

No comments: