Monday, January 28, 2008

Last week

Well, as a Children's Minister in transit this is a very weird week for me. I already miss the kids. I tried Sunday to distance myself somewhat from the older ones. It's hard because I was preparing the nursery for new babies and preparing the sixth graders to go to youth group and I won't be there to see either come to fruition.

If you don't know, my position was changed to part-time at Covenant. That means I lost pay and benefits. I really can't afford that change as I took a pay cut to take the job at Covenant a little over 18 months ago. So, I'm looking for a job. This Sunday will be my last day.

I have a Business Administration Degree from Montreat College and I'm a Certified Tumor Registrar (meaning I can do major database work with accuracy and can conquor most statistical reporting). So if you hear of anything, send it my way.

I won't quit blogging. In fact, I might actually have time to post more often.

I'm on a journey...similar to Father Abraham, Noah, Ruth, Benaniah, David, etc.. I wonder what God has in store for me next?

2 comments:

Sherrye said...

Oh, Tina, I'm sorry to hear that you are leaving, but I certainly understand your dilemma. I hope you are able to find work quickly, and that it is something you love. BTW, when I left, you told me to find some kids somewhere, and I did. I am volunteering in a Kindergarten at Oakly Elem. on Thursday mornings each week.

Best wishes on your search for new work.......I will keep my eyes peeled for you.

Tina Harkey said...

Sherrye,

I'm so excited for those Kindergarten children. They are so blessed to have you. What a way to use your calling in the world.

It has been amazing the people who have emailed me about work that didn't even know I was leaving. It's been a great teaching opportunity to show Brooklyn that when you are faithful God provides. Afterall, my Father owns the cattle on a thousand hillsides...surely He can take are of us!

Tina