Friday, September 14, 2007

Bitter Sweet

Tomorrow my princess, Brooklyn, turns 10. For her birthday she is having a surprise bowling party for all her little chickadees that hang out together. She has no idea. In fact, since her last birthday I've been telling her she doesn't get a party. She thinks her dad is giving her a cookout next weekend.

Then, Taylor, her really good friend is going to spend the night, go to church with her on Sunday and then play disc golf with us and the other 5th & 6th graders from church.

Why a surprise? Well, my mom did the same thing for me when I was about her age and it is probably the only surprise my mom ever kept from me. It was very memorable and I want to do the same for Brooklyn. Create memories.

So why bitter sweet. Well, she asked for a shopping spree for her birthday. She wants gift cards. That is all she asked for and she wants them from JC Penny, Wal-Mart, Kmart, Dicks Sporting Goods, Old Navy & Kohls. It's the first time she's really asked for clothes and not a toy. So while it will start to save me some $$$, it is really bittersweet as it means she is going into that next phase.

Happy Birthday Brooklyn!

No comments: