Sunday, September 9, 2007

Wow what a great morning

I still don't have a final count. But what an amazing morning. It was awesome to see all the kids, all the excitement, and how much everyone was digging Jesus.

I had a plan that totally got changed about the first week of August. But that's okay, because I know that God had it all under control.

Our fifth and sixth grade parents were so pumped that their kids were excited about church. Grapple, it's a wonderful thing. Group has done a fabulous job putting this curriculum together for this age group.

I was so excited to see several groups of kids run into church this morning. I will say that the 1st - 4th grade group is a little jealous of the 5th & 6th grade. That's okay though. One girl's mom was pushing her into class and she said that she didn't want to go and then she saw a friend and all was well with the world!

Tyler, I doubt you read my blog but if you do, thanks for calling your friends and making sure they were all there this morning. I hope that your expectations were met or exceeded.

Thanks to all the returning leaders and to the ones that served all summer and are still serving. And another huge thanks to the new leaders and to the Student Impact Group. You guys are amazing.

Someone said to me this morning, "I know you are worried about the numbers." And my answer to that is "No, I worry about what those numbers represent. They all represent a soul in the kingdom."

Deuteronomy 6

This scripture tells us to impress on our children that the Lord our God is one. And to love Him. Thank you leaders for loving our children so much that you want to share God with them.

No comments: