Sunday, September 16, 2007

Surprises






Well, I tried to surprise her. Last year on Brooklyn's birthday I told her she better enjoy her party because it was the last one until she turns 13. My mom gave me a surprise party when I was about 10 so I thought I should do the same.

I didn't have a ton of money to spend and neither did her dad so we planned a small bowling party. She spends half the day with both of us on her birthday (I've only had to miss one of her birthday's because of a test at work that I could not miss). So he planned to bring her to the bowling alley at 2:00 pm and we would all already be there.

So I ran around and got the cookie (she didn't want a cake) and we had to get drinks from the bowling alley. I sent emails to all the moms because these girls are such good friends I was so afraid one of them would tell her.

She got to the bowling alley and Mike was standing in the front door watching the Carolina Football game. I was just telling him we needed to move. Well, I backed up - right into a table of golf balls. They went everywhere. I said to Brooklyn, "Surprise!" I was hoping we could all be down there and surprise her. So I ruined it a little.
But she was actually speechless. It was wonderful. So much fun! And she is quite the bowler (she won both games).

I love being a mom!

No comments: