Friday, September 7, 2007

Heart Matters

Proverbs 4:23Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.

One of my dear volunteers shared this scripture with me when I first took the job of Director of Children's Ministry. I had no idea how important this scripture would become to me.

I don't always guard my heart. There are times when I let issues get to me.

I pray if you are reading this that you guard your heart. Keep it soft. Don't let the thorns of the day harden you to God's love and goodness. His mercies are renewed every morning!

So many promises He has promised us. So guard your heart. Keep it soft.

God, thank you for your mercy. Without trial, temptation, and adversity we wouldn't need it. Keep my heart soft to the things of you and let me learn that men will disappoint; however, you will always be there with outstretched arms ready for your child. Let me be open to your conversation. To your path. To your plan for my life. Amen.

No comments: