Thursday, February 7, 2008

The meanest mother ever

So Brooklyn and I were on the way to school this morning and I asked her if she made up her bed. She said, no. Well, the deal was she had to leave her room clean before she left for her dad's for the weekend or she lost her TV. I'm going to take it out of her room. Wow, she's had a TV for six years (since Mike moved in with us) and now, no TV.

I haven't decided how long this punishment will last. I'm thinking at least a month and then with the consequence that if her room isn't clean before she leaves to go to her dad's that weekend she won't get it back for longer.

Maybe it will be a good thing, maybe it will be hard, maybe it will teach her about consequences, maybe she will secretly wish she had a mother that cleaned her room for her. All those things are possible. But I know that I want her to be a responsible adult and she had two weeks to leave her room clean and she didn't.

So pop goes the TV.

4 comments:

Sherrye said...

That's fair........two weeks is plenty of time to accomplish one task.

Sherrye said...

ps......hope everything is going well with you and yours. Are you working fulltime yet?

Tina Harkey said...

No, not fulltime, but I'm working on a contract with the state for part-time work through June, I have a side job that I'm about to catch up on and then another contract company is supposed to call to interview me. I've got a few resumes out there also. God's providing for our family. He's so good...all the time!

Tina Harkey said...

Oh, and most of it is from home and with gas $3.00 a gallon that is a welcome non-expense!