Monday, February 18, 2008

Where are you?

Yesterday we went down to Newspring Church in Anderson, SC. Brooklyn had received some pants from her sister for Christmas that were too small from Macy's so we thought we could kill a couple of birds with one stone. We attended Newspring and went to Macy's.

I had been reading about their new series Stuck and thought it resonated with where I feel I am. Stuck looking for a job when I loved the one I had, stuck in a house with a house payment that is too big that we no longer need, stuck working two - three jobs to make enough money, stuck working when I would love to be at home being a mommy, etc.

According to Perry, there are three zones. The Dream Zone, the Drain Zone and the Danger Zone. 70% of people, according to his hypothesis land in the Drain Zone. Only 5-10% are in the Danger Zone & Dream Zone.

The things he said that stuck out were:

Life fully begins when we abandon our dream & live His dream.
Great days but a great life?
Dream Zone isn't based on circumstances.
Christianity is a series of next steps
Praise versus complaint

These are the notes that were shared:

Am I In...

The Dream Zone
John 10:10

ID: Passion for Jesus and Life
Goal: Asking God, "What Else?"
Lie: I could never live here (in the dream zone).
Need: Keeping my eyes on Jesus.

Hebrews 12:2

The Drain Zone

ID: Always feel frustred, stressed or tired
Goal: To keep plates spinning
Psalm 45:10
Lie: Things will eventually get better
Need: Vision (let my dreams die)

Proverbs 29:18 KJV
Proverbs 3:5-6


The Danger Zone

ID: Unconfessed Sin
Goal: Not to get caught
Jeremiah 16:17
Lie: I'm trapped and alone
Need: Confession and repentence

I John 1:9

Another thing that really stuck out was He believes that we usually move from the Drain Zone to the Danger Zone not up to the Dream Zone. He had us raise our hands if we felt we were in the Drain Zone and hundreds of hands were raised; thus proving Perry's hypothesis. Next week he will finish this sermon by preaching on the Drain Zone and telling you how to move out of it to the Dream Zone (and he promised it doesn't involve writing a check to his ministry!)

You can listen to the message online. The link is in the bottom right hand page of their website. I guarantee you it is life changing.



No comments: