Saturday, February 2, 2008

Small Group Rocks!

Yesterday, I had a friend call. We were in small group together but we haven't really talked to each other in a while. She was having an issue with one of her children. We had a great talk about motherhood.

She really wasn't looking for advice. She really wasn't looking for sympathy. She just wanted to process through her feelings and make sure she was okay with the decision she had made. She made a tough decision that I don't know I could have made. But I know her child will be better off because she made the decision.

What's great about it is that we were in small group together, even though a while back, and she called me. She knew me well enough to know that I would listen. It's important that we are in small groups together. For accountability, for encouragement, for help when you are feeling low.

Mike & I haven't been in small group for a little over a year, but the people we were in small group with have really reached out to us during times of need. One of the things on my short term to do list is get back into a small group. Whether with a group of women or a couple's group. We need that accountability for spiritual growth and for friendship.

1 Thessalonians 2:8

I've written about that scripture before, but it is so true. We need to spiritually and physically walk among others. Small group is the bomb.

Glenda & Mike thanks for opening your home and small group to me & Mike in the past. I never knew what bonds it would hold for me. Some of them I hope will last for a lifetime.

No comments: